Bedroom Tour / Tips to Keeping Your Room Tidy (by a messy person!)

I am not by any means a clean and tidy person. I really do wish I was, but I'm not. However, I do prefer things to be clean any tidy, especially my room. I spend the most amount of time in this room, so I would like to be comfortable with the way it feels. When It gets cluttered, I get anxious, and that anxiety makes me just want to take a nap, not clean my room. At the beginning of this semester, I was really good at making my bed everyday and keeping my clothes off the floor and such, but recently I've gotten very lazy and I haven't been doing a very good job of any of that. So, to clear my anxiety and get things done, I finally decided to clean my room, and in the process I thought I'd show you what my room looks like. This isn't my whole dorm. My dorm consists of two bedrooms, a bathroom, a toilet and shower room, a kitchen, and a living room. It's a lot like a little apartment. I might show that to you guys, but not now haha. Here is what my room looked like before I cleaned it. If you know me well, and you've seen my bedroom at home, you'd think this is clean in comparison, but nope! This is the messiest it's been all semester, so I have been learning to keep clean (:



The thing about my room is that I kept trying to make everything convenient for me. I wanted to keep all of my books on my desk. I was basically living out of a laundry basket because I never put my clothes away. It has gotten kind of chilly here, so I stopped making my bed in the morning because I knew that after class, I would just hop right back into it. I am so lazy when it comes to putting away my dishes. At home, those things pile up so much. One of my favorite things to do is eat in bed, and I'm usually to lazy to get up and clean when I'm done. 

Here is my bedroom now. Keep reading to learn some tips to keeping your bedroom clean (coming from the messiest person I know).







Tips to Keeping Your Room Tidy:
I am the messiest person I know, and I know some pretty messy people. I understand the struggles and how lazy you get, but here are some ways to keep your room tidy!

  1. Make Your Bed. You probably thought these tips would be effortless, and for that I apologize. Making your bed may seem like a useless, tedious task to do, but if you do it as soon as you wake up, you'll make a habit of it soon. Making your bed makes your room like 1000% more neat and tidy, making you want to clean up other things. It's like a mind trick, I guess.
  2. Your Desk/Night Stand/Etc. is for minimal amounts of things. This was my biggest problem. I kept trying to keep everything in like neat piles and sections on my desk, but once those piles got messy, my desk became messy and it seemed impossible to clean because everything was were it was supposed to go! Use your desk drawers! Use shelves. Use anything! Try to only keep a very few amount of things on your surfaces in your room. The less things there are, the less you can make a mess. 
  3. Keep Your Laundry in a Small Place. I don't mean hide your laundry. I mean, keep it in a place you don't visit very often and that is confined. Mine is under my bed. If you keep your laundry just against the wall, or on the floor of your (large) closet, when it overflows, you will just keep adding clothes to the pile. If you keep your laundry under your bed or under your desk, then when it gets full, not only will it be less unpleasing to the eye (because its somewhere sort of hidden), but it will be harder to ignore because it will be in the way. 
  4. Put Your Clean Laundry Away RIGHT AWAY. Just don't live out of a laundry basket. I am so guilty of this, but that leads to mixing clean and dirty clothes, as well as clothes just being everywhere.
  5. Get Rid of Your Tiny Bedroom Trashcan. Well, you don't have to get rid of it. I still use mine. What I mean is, get something bigger, especially if you're like me and you eat in your room a lot. This bigger trashcan will make you more willing to throw stuff away, and not just leave it out because you're too lazy to take it out of the room to throw it away. This will help cut down on the amount of garbage in your room. 
  6. Storage Bins. Now, I'm not one of those girls who does cute diy organization projects and what not. I literally just mean get a huge bin. One or two that will fit comfortably in your closet will do the trick. In this bin, put all your shoes that you know you're not going to wear, unless you have another method of organizing your shoes, put your large coats or sweaters (summer), or put your bathing suits or whatever you know you do not need for a few months. Put all the bags you have but don't use. Put those things you don't want to get rid of but you don't really have a place for. Put your Santa hats and old halloween costumes.  It may seem stupid, but this frees up so much space, and if you ever need anything or think you've misplaced something, there's really only one place it could be, instead of searching everywhere for it. 

 Those are pretty much all the tips I have! I'm definitely a super messy person, so I don't know how much advice I should be giving, but I know these things have worked for me and hopefully they'll help for you too.

Be sure to check out my most recent blog post and youtube video, as well as any of my social media links. <3

No comments :

Post a Comment