Drug Store Haul - Target

Today, I found out that despite the fact that the director complimented me on my jury performance (private lessons "final" where you perform a few pieces in front of judges), he has decided not to move me up and keep me at the 100 level for another semester, putting me behind a year in applied lessons. This made me sad, so I decided to go to Target, obviously, and shop away my sorrows.


I was shopping around, and I feel like the cosmetics section of Target is getting smaller and smaller. Anyway, I really needed a few things, since I haven't really shopped for anything in six months, so I picked up these things!

1. Boots No7 Beautiful Skin Day Cream Normal/Dry SPF15  I was shopping on Ulta.com for cyber monday, and I came across this. It had such good reviews, and it was on sale! But for whatever reason, I decided not to get it. So today, I picked it up at full price. It works wonders! I have awful dry patches on my skin from having psoriasis, and this moisturizes them so well that I can put makeup over them. The packaging is also really nice. It's not cute or anything, but it's sturdy and kind of heavy, giving it that higher end look.

2. Rimmel Stay Matte Pressed Powder - Transparent This is my go to pressed power! I get super oily skin and dry patches (the most annoying combo ever). This keeps my face matte looking while not clinging to my dry skin. It is also extremely affordable, being less than $5. Just about every beauty guru out there has this in their makeup kit. This is probably my 4th time buying this. The packaging is super fragile and kind of off putting, which is unfortunate. But, it's still a great product!

3. Sonia Kashuk® Blending Sponge I always see people using the Beauty Blender from Sephora. I went to go pick one up, and it was $20! I thought that was ridiculous for a sponge, so I never bought it. But I still really wanted one, and I envied those who had one. This one by Sonia Kashuk was $10 and I think that was a good first step. I tried it out today and it is an awkward tool to use. Videos make it looks simple. Maybe I'm just incompetent, but I didn't love it the first time I tried. I'll keep trying though!

4. Maybelline Color Sensational Lipstick in Ruby Star and Party Pink I've been looking for some dark reds and pinks for awhile, and these two colors are gorgeous! Ruby Star is a dark red color with flecks of shimmer. Party Pink is a dark fuchsia pink color. They both glide on easier and last a long time! Best paired with a liner, of course.


5. L'Oreal® Paris Telescopic Precision Liquid Eyeliner - Carbon Black Liquid eyeliners are so hard for me to use, and this one is no exception. Usually I'd go for the Kat Von D Tattoo liner, but I wasn't near a Sephora and I was in desperate need of a new eyeliner. This one is quite difficult to use, but that may just be me. However, it surely lasts all day and doesn't smudge. Definitely reliable.

6. Revlon Colorstay Foundation in 330- Natural Beige - This foundation is too light for me :( That's the downside to getting drugstore foundations: you can't test it. I now have to mix it with a bb cream I have that's a little dark for me. I've used this in the past, and I loved it then, but now, I think nothing compares to Tarte's Amazonian Clay foundation and so I'm just so unsatisfied with this. It is full coverage, but I have pretty bad blemish spots, and it has a difficult time hiding those. It also feels heavy on my face. This one is for oily skin, but I feel it makes my face even more oily. 

7. Pixi Natural Brow Duo - Dark Brunette I want to review this item, so when I do, I will link it here. 

8. Burt's Bees Facial Cleansing Towelettes - Sensitive I never wanted to buy these because I felt cleansing towelettes would make me too lazy to actually wash my face. I bought these anyway and they smell like yogurt! I love it! And they make my face so soft and easier to wash.

9. e.l.f Eyelash Curler I just bought this because it was $1. It works fine. I don't really need one because my eyelashes are naturally curly. 



I hope you liked this! Let me know if you want to see more of these <3


No comments :

Post a Comment