CUI Year 1


I thought that I was bad at college. I thought college just wasn't for me, and that was something that I was going to accept. I thought that my introversion and social anxiety would keep me from being able to make any real friends, and would just keep me in my room to focus on my studies.

I was wrong. It was just APU. Concordia Irvine is where I'm meant to be.

As a college student, I often feel like my life is in purgatory; I need to get through these four years and then my life will begin. I also don't know where home is. Home isn't my dorm because it's so temporary; it changes every year. Home isn't San Jose because, well, I don't live there. Not knowing where home is is difficult. However, I think it's safe for me to say now that Irvine is my home.

 


There are few things in my life that I'm sure of, but one of those is that this is where I'm meant to be. God has this amazing plan for me, and I don't know what it is. I do know, however, that it includes Concordia University Irvine. I'm so happy here. I have friends! I had friends at APU, of course, but I also found myself disliking everyone who wasn't my friend. Here, I love everyone. The environment of the school is so much nicer. It's a very relaxed place. I love being a music student, and I love all the music students I've grown so close to. The music department has become my home. It is a place where I know all the professors and they know me. It is a place that I can go when I don't want to be in my room, and there is always someone there to talk to.

I've met so many people this year, and over the last month, I've grown especially close to them. This last month of school, I've gone out on multiple occasions (rare for me), I've been out past 9pm, which never ever happens, and I've met so many people that I truly adore. I love to be alone, I really do. I need that time alone to rejuvenate and get my strength back. However, God calls us to community. Life is having positive relationships. Getting out of my room and hanging out with people, even when it makes me extremely uncomfortable, is so good for me.

I like to think that I would have never met any of these people, or had the semester I had if it wasn't for my friend Brandon. I only met him this semester, but he quickly became someone I found myself attached to and he showed me that people aren't so mad and helped me to meet so many other people. So, thank you ^___^

This is the first time in my whole entire life that I have been sad for the semester to end. The last month of school flew by because I didn't want it to be over, which is kind of the worst. But, I also think it says a lot about how right this place is for me. I can't wait to see everyone again next semester. Thank you all for everything, really!

To God alone be the glory.



No comments :

Post a Comment