Are You Going To Scarborough Fair

I want to move somewhere with seasons. My whole life I've lived in California, and to be honest, I'm almost sick of it. I don't think it fits my personality, really. California may be where it's at (intentional improper grammar), but I don't think I belong in the middle of it all. I want to live somewhere with seasons. Somewhere where the leaves change color in the fall, and where it actually gets cold in the winter. Somewhere where the trees blossom and April showers really do bring May flowers. I hate the heat, so summers I plan to spend traveling, but besides that, that is what I want.

I lived in the Bay Area all of my life, and for the most part, San Jose has all of those things. San Jose folk are so spoiled with year round perfect weather. It gets hot and it gets cold, but never too hot or too cold. It rains, but it rarely gets so bad that you wouldn't want to play in it. The leaves change color and fall, the trees blossom, etc. but the Bay Area isn't where I belong, that's for sure. I need to move away. The next part of my life isn't supposed to be in California. Maybe I'll return at some point, but I know I need to move of from here, see how things could be.

I'm in school for the next four years, so that kind of keeps me in California for at least that time. I would love to study abroad, though. I'm thinking Edinburgh. My only opposition to it is that it could put me behind in my studies, seeing that I have so many courses I have to take, being a double major, and no real room for electives or anything. I hope that works out though, because I'd love to see Scotland. The weather there is perfect for me: gloomy. I do, though, plan to spend next fall in Chicago. That is definitely different than California. I am so excited to be there. Concordia Chicago has an incredible music program, and being a music student, I'll be able to be in their ensemble, and learn from their teachers. Also, all of my closest friends live in the midwest, and it would take as much time as it would take for me to drive from Irvine to San Jose as it would for me to drive to any of their towns, so I definitely plan to see them! IT will be a good way to introduce myself to what else is out there.

But for now, I am in California, so I must make due. I saw someone tag lyrics to Scarborough Fair at my school today. It actually made my day because I absolutely love that song. If you haven't seen it, you should watch The Graduate. You'll learn to love that song too, or be absolutely annoyed by it.

I keep seeing people take cute autumnal pictures, with leaves and whatnot, so I wanted to take one too! The only problem with that is in Southern California, almost no trees have cute colored leaves that fall. In fact, most trees don't even change color in the fall. All the trees here are palm trees. But the trees that do change color, they become this beige brown color. Not cute. But I finally found some and took a picture with it. I also posted it to instagram. Be sure to check me out! @moconobo

I don't know if it's a wanderlust that I have. It might just be some sort of claustrophobia I have, and I feel stuck here and need to get out. The future looks bright though, and one day I hope to find somewhere I love and can call home.


OOTD:



Please excuse my messy room. I need to do laundry.. like today. It was cold this morning, so I added this black sweater over my dress. I think that's always a nice way to cover up when wearing a dress. Sometimes cardigans aren't the right length, color, or they aren't warm enough to cover a dress. Having a simple black knit sweater is definitely essential because it can go over just about any dress, making it look cozy, and also gives it a slight casual feeling, but you still look put together!

Dress - Forever 21, $20ish?
Knit Sweater - Urban Outfitters, $10
Thigh High Socks - Target
Flats - H&M, $12

1 comment :