Showing Grace the Bay

This last weekend, I took Grace to the Bay Area with me. I went home so that I could see Andrew as the Beast in the PHHS musical, and so that I could see Joy for her birthday! Grace, being from Des Moines, Iowa, had never been to the Bay Area, so I wanted to take her! We went up on Thursday afternoon. We spend a lot of time with my grandma, since her house was on the way. Then we went as stayed at my Mom's house. The first night, we just chilled, watched some kitchen nightmares and ate some food. On Friday, we went to San Jose. Grace had never been to San Jose. It was raining and beautiful. It's amazing, and sort of sad, how much more beautiful the Bay Area is than my part of Southern California. The sky is clear, everything is green, and I can breath. We spend the day in Santana Row and Palo Alto. We basically just did things that I would normally do if I were home. At the end of the night, we had a pamper night! And we watched Brave. I hadn't seen Brave before, so it was nice to see it. It wasn't very good though, unfortunately.

Saturday was the big day. We went up to UC Berkeley so that we could see my friend Joy for her birthday! Berkeley is one of the \most beautiful cities that I've ever seen. It has remained old, which makes me feel so good. San Jose is always being renovated, which makes me sad. I am attracted to old things, which makes me like things like old buildings, old music, etc.  After picking up Joy, we went to San Francisco. Grace had never been to San Francisco, so I was so excited for her to see it! San Francisco is one of my favorite cities, even though I could never ever live there. It's too cramped, yet they continue to try to build new stuff there.

We parked in China town and walked around. The highlight to this day was going to City Lights Bookstore. Just two days later, I had learned about City Lights Bookstore in my American Literature class. We were learning about Allen Ginsberg, and we saw a picture of him there. I screamed when I saw the store! It was absolutely amazing, and I was so excited to go inside of it. The inside was just as amazing. It was so old and full of books, of course. I feel like it was just so amazing to be somewhere where such amazing people have stood. I don't go to many historical places, so it was amazing! So was the rest of our trip. Here are some pictures I took.










I'm so excited that I got to show Grace the Bay Area and where I live. It is so beatiful, and I amlucky to have shown her it! It was definitely a super fun trip.

OH I ALMOST FORGOT! I saw Andrew in his production of Beauty and the Beast. Andrew was the Beast and he was absolutely amazing. I can't get over how amazing he was. He was so great omg. Anyway, yep! That was my trip! A bientot, mes cheres! Je vous aimes beaucoup ♥

1 comment :